We like to think of Unity as a way of life, a way of seeing and engaging the world. Much more than a church, Unity is a place to join with fellow spiritual seekers to grow in understanding of our own and each person’s unique Divinity. We explore this Truth in an environment that is safe and accepting, with people who love to ask questions and explore ideas. Unity celebrates all people with open hearts, open minds, and open arms.
Unlike denominations that have creeds and dogma, Unity’s positive path for spiritual living encourages spiritual exploration, questioning and discovering the mysteries of God, the Universe, and Life for oneself. Our theology is best expressed with our Five Principles that we use to empower our lives. These principles anchor our beliefs about the power we have to change our lives by changing our thoughts.
- There is only One Presence and One Power, God the Good. We believe that God is good, all the time!
- All people have the Divine God essence within them. Therefore, the True Nature of all people is good.
- Our thoughts create our reality. To change our lives, we begin by changing our thoughts.
- Affirmative prayer, including denials and affirmations, are the tools we use to change our thoughts and elevate our consciousness.
- It’s not enough to understand these principles. We must act on the Truth we know!
We in Unity know the life-transforming potential of these principles and it is our joy to live them and to share them.
One of the first things that newcomers to Unity notice is how happy the people are and how positive the energy is. For many, Unity is a homecoming. A place to be accepted just as you are, called to a fuller expression of your Divinity, and to know that you are Unity blessed with a joy-filled and abundant life.